Friday, December 09, 2005

It's Darn Cold & Snowy Out, (but we're still trail running)

James and I were the only two to show up for the group run last night on the BuRP trails. We ran for one hour and called it good. The snow was deep, light, and slick on the hidden rocks, roots, etcetera. Neither one of us fell, but I wish I would've brought my pair of screwed shoes for extra traction. I'll be sure to bring them for tomorrow's 10-mile Alternate Psycho Chili Run.
Hopefully, the temperature will warm up somewhat. My outdoor (calibrated) electronic thermometer registered -3F at 6:00 am, this morning. It's not too bad to run in, but my butt gets cold and my face dries out, especially if there is any kind of breeze blowing.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Ever tried using vaseline or I use extra emmolient night cream (Mary Kay) on you face. I helps tas a wind break and keeps you from drying out as much.

Ben, aka BadBen said...

Yeah, I use vaseline on my face (over a moisturizer). It must be a cold/long distance thing. Any run under an hour in zero F is OK, but 1-1/2 to 5 hours, it's like I sweat or wear it off or something.