Friday, December 30, 2005

Creepy Running Location..."I don't back-in"

Running Quote for the day:
"Battling to maintain the delicate balance between hyperfitness and physical collapse." - Megan Liberman

Last night Caleb, Kyle and I hit the BuRP Trails at Minor Park, for a nice 7-mile run on technical trails. Minor Park is a very interesting place. The dead-end road where we park our cars is unlit and very spooky.

There are 2 kinds of people who park there:
1) People who pull their vehicles into the parking spot front-end first. They consist of runners, hikers, bikers, dog-walkers, and people who go fishing. You know, "normal" people who recreate.
2) The 2nd kind of people who park there, are people who pull their vehicles into the parking spot REAR-END first. These are people who are up to no good. They consist of: A) men trying to meet other men to do strange things in each others cars, and on occasion, B) pot smokers. I have no problem with the pot smokers, but the "Richard" smokers give me the creeps.

When my group of Trail Nerds shows up, the "REAR-END first" crowd tends to scatter like a group of pigeons with a dog running through it. So, contrary to popular belief, I guess we ARE good for the neighborhood. This is the only place where we run that I see this kind of behavior. Every now and then, the KCMO Police Department operates a sting operation there, but they are back at it again, in no time.

I think we will switch our Thursday night runs to WyCo Park for a while, or maybe we should all get bumper stickers that say, "I don't back in" or something. Nah, we will just go to WyCo for a while.

RUNNING PLANS FOR THE WEEKEND:
On Saturday, we will meet for an easy, 5-mile trail run at SM Park. On New Year's Day, a few of us will run a Fat Ass 50-Kilometer trail run at Wallace State Park. It should be good for our 100-mile training to run with only 3 hours of sleep, or so.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

oh...you should SO get those bumper stickers!

Unknown said...

Man, I would be creeped out by that as well. I wish you a great New Years and a nice Fat Ass as well. Fortunately, I know that you know what I mean by that.

Hey Zeus said...

Have a Happy New Year. Although, I think you are driving right now to a race.

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Happy New Year. Ummm I'm not up to anything but I prefer to back in. Call me strange I guess.

Unknown said...

I was suggested this web site by my cousin. I am not sure no matter whether this post is written by him as no one else know such comprehensive about my trouble. You’re outstanding! Thanks!Best advertising Agency in the world | top advertising agencies in pakistan | Marketing Agency | pakistani matrimonial

Unknown said...

Your blog post is very unique and well research, Thanks for your research on academic knowledge.
Advertising agencies in UK | Mobile apps for university