Thursday, January 19, 2006

Photos: R-Rated Tree, & Bald Eagle Sighting on Trail




While performing trail construction on Monday's MLK holiday, I spotted a total of 3 bald eagles at WyCo Lake Park. I could barely get close enough to one of them to snap this far-off digital photo, though. They appeared to be having fun while fishing. They would swoop down to the surface of the lake and grab a big-ass fish with their talons, then fly off and eat it from the top of a sycamore or oak tree. The year-round geese and ducks did not appear to enjoy their presence, though. I have'nt seen this much bald eagle action since I moved here from Spokane, Washington 9-1/2 years ago.

The other photo is of a tree in the middle of the woods near our new singletrack section. It has a vine growing through its crotch. Bizarre!!!

3 comments:

Olga said...

I am quite blind to R-rated stuff...and it took me awhile. I actually saw a different picture:)

Jack said...

Maybe that tree will help motivate some people to hit the trails ,-)

Rae said...

Thanks for showing the tree pic, that's hilarious!!