Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Tuesday Trail Tempo Run

It was another fast "tempo" run last night on the trails after dark, with the Trail Nerds. I warmed-up by doing a 1-1/2 hour gym workout with Igor, my personal trainer. I had some "recovery food," which consisted of a bag of Clif Shot Bloks, water, and a single shot of espresso at my son's Starbucks. I had just enough time to get dressed and get to the park to run. We ran the first 4.6-mile loop in 39 and change, and the 2nd loop in 34:40. Doug twisted his ankle on a rock or root, but he did o.k. on both loops.

My right knee was hurting from a fall that I had in my garage on Sunday, but it did just fine. It's a little stiff today, though. It's stupid...I rarely fall on night or day trail runs, but I end up tripping in my own damn garage. It couldn't have had anything to do with drinking beer during "White Trash Theater," though, right?

This morning I did back, biceps and abs in the gym. Tonight, I'll run a slow 5 to 7 mile run in either SM Park, or Kill Creek Park.

2 comments:

Hey Zeus said...

I was going to give you crap about falling in the garage but since you gave it to yourself I'll just say good job on the fast run. I've got White Trash Theater here but nobody ever shows up but me.

Breeves2000 said...

Yeah after you took that fall, me and Matt quit trying to decide who was gonna kneel down behind you and who was gonna push. Seemed like a good idea at the time.