Friday, March 24, 2006

Blogs, Running with Scissors, and Savage Chickens











I've had a long week at work. Time to goof-off before I go home for the weekend. I like this cartoonist's stuff. And it's got chickens! Speaking of chickens, they kind of go along with one of my favorite themes: many folks in this world are too chicken-shit to actually live their lives to the fullest. By that, I mean actually ENJOY life. Many folks become subservient to a real grind. They think work, suffering, heart attacks, and NO FUN are an inevitable part of life in general. If you fit into this category, put this mask on, so that we may all know just how subservient and chicken-shit you really are.

By the way, I didn't run last night. I had a slight detour toward the non-running side of life enjoyment. My favorite spouse hijacked me, and convinced me to take her to a fancy French restaurant. I'm now $105 lighter, (oh yeah...$125 with the tip). Sometimes you just have to do these things. "Marriage Maintenance," I call it. It was a very nice, unplanned way to spend an evening with the love of my life.

Peas out, homelies!
Bad Ben

5 comments:

Hey Zeus said...

I spent 6 days doing "Marriage Maintenance" and lost it all in the parking garage at the airport when we couldn't find our car. I think it was the first time I said I was sorry for 30 minutes straight. I needed the mask last night but better late than never.

Olga said...

I've been "maintaining" for the whole straight week, what comes in making super-duper fancy dinners (we're no big on going out). My husband says "men are animals, you feed them-they love you". I have enough stuff to cook 5 more days:)

running42k said...

I love your rant about people not enjoying life. Rant on my man.

Liv said...

Love the chicken mask! It's a good reminder to not take ourselves too seriously, a trap we all fall into over and over again.

E-Speed said...

every now and again it is fun to splurge on something you didnt really need! I am sure the company was well worth it.

That one about the blog is HIL-arious!